The holidays are upon us all in Ashburn. All of
us Ashburn chiropractors, teachers, parents, workers, and employees are
feeling the holiday stress. Let’s all make a vow to better cope this year! Here
are 5 tools Poulin Chiropractic of Herndon and Ashburn offers:
- A Grateful Attitude
- Be grateful. Gratitude leads to joy which is what the
holiday season is all about!
- Eat well notably on in-between party days.
- Mix in fruits and vegetables.
- Enjoy the sweets, but eat them in moderation. Nonessential
sugar for immediate energy turns into fat. Fat doesn’t help back pain or
- Stay hydrated. Kickoff a new water drinking pattern. Eight
glasses of water a day is a fine start! Poulin Chiropractic of Herndon and Ashburn supports water
consumption for your bone, skin, spinal disc, bowel, mind, and appetite! (1)
- Just move. Walk more.
- Schedule a workout or a yoga class (2) or a walk at
the gym or on the treadmill.
- Start a new routine of waking to motion with a simple
exercise you can do while in bed even: knee-chest and hamstring stretch.
- Don’t ignore signs of back pain or neck pain. All that Ashburn
shopping and gift wrapping (There's no ideal position to get this job done!)
may strain your spine. Arrange a visit to your Ashburn chiropractor - your back pain specialist - sooner than later. Poulin Chiropractic of Herndon and Ashburn is
here for you!
- Breathe. Focus on the breath when too many choices appear, too many cookies have to be baked, too many gifts have to be
wrapped. Just breathe. It's fascinating what
6 even breaths in and out will do.
- Visualize calm. When "too much" comes your way, visualize
yourself in your favorite location: a beach, a snow capped mountain, a hot tub,
a lounge chair in front of a fire. Ahhh.
- Close your eyes. Not while you're actually driving to
grandmother's house, but close your eyes for a moment while sitting at your
desk or in your car. Closing your eyes shuts out all the stimuli if only for a
- Soak in the sun whenever possible. Its Vitamin D does
wonders for your bones and immunity and spirit! (3)
- Delight in some Ashburn chiropractic care!
- Sleep gives your mind and body a rest to be ready for more!
The holidays are so busy. The time is so short. The demands –
self imposed or family imposed or work imposed or society imposed – are high. Your
Ashburn chiropractor and all the staff at Poulin Chiropractic of Herndon and Ashburn feel it,
too. Let’s support each other this year! Poulin Chiropractic of Herndon and Ashburn looks forward to your relaxing,
re-energizing, pain-relieving holiday Ashburn chiropractic visit!
Contact us today. Happy Holidays!
"This information and website content is not intended to diagnose, guarantee results, or recommend specific treatment or activity. It is designed to educate and inform only. Please consult your physician for a thorough examination leading to a diagnosis and well-planned treatment strategy. See more details on the DISCLAIMER